It took me quite a bit of time to write this one, and to honestly write anything at all. I took an unexpected break, and I’ll be honest – I am not writing this in one sitting. I write a little, take my time, stop and then come back. This blog post has taken me days to complete. I am not completely sure why. It is possibly because this is a hard topic for me to write about, when it is something that I am currently experiencing myself. It is so easy to talk about something when you have already overcome it, but when you are still in the storm and pushing your way through – it’s a bit more difficult to provide sound advice. At least, that is the case for me.
Good thing I have realized, that that’s the entire point and goal of having a blog in the first place. I am sharing my experience here, and so are many of you.
So I know you haven’t heard from me in ages. I know. But I promise it’s going to be worth it. Keep on reading. (I promise, I am done ranting, maybe).
While I was away, I thought about a lot. Time flies, doesn’t it? It’s already February. Are you on track? Or have you fucked up already?
Either one is OK.
That’s life, you know that – but you probably feel terrible.
Let me tell you some things you might not want to hear.
I promise, every word I share is for the greater good. ❤
LET GO OF ALL THOSE REGRETS…BECAUSE:
1. Life is too short, and it seriously sucks.
2. You worry about way too much, all the time.
3. You are so mean to that person in the mirror! Be nicer to yourself.
4. You can’t move on, and you’re dying. Life is going on, while leaving you behind.
MY FAVORITE REASON:
*** 5. There is ALWAYS someone out here in the world, fucking up worse than you right now. Fact. (i.e *shrugs*) *** LOL
Hope that makes you smile! No, seriously, stop beating yourself up about what you’ve done and who you were or even are right now. That is why NOW is so special to make the necessary changes. Shit, it could always be worse, AND you know that.
6. At the same time, hold yourself more accountable.
7. Be more responsible WITH yourself. Nobody and I mean NO ONE is going to look out for you, support you and encourage YOU more than YOU can – it’s your job to remember that!
8. Be more aware of yourself.
9. At the same time, be more carefree with yourself.
10. KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
11. Remember WHOSE you are. Spiritually, REMIND yourself of your Higher power, and the ordained assignment on your life. You have WORK to do.
12. Love your flaws, Love your pain, Love your mistakes, Love your losses, Love your struggles!
13. Happiness is not an unattainable luxury. You have earned it, and therefore, you will always deserve it.
14. CRY, SCREAM, FIGHT. Don’t keep that tornado inside where nobody knows.
15. LAUGH, SMILE. Let that sunshine burn bright.
16. We will NEVER have enough time.
So, if you’ve already been wasting it in 2019, don’t feel bad, it happens, but keep these things in mind…and push to do better tomorrow! ❤
I know 16 is an odd number for a list, but these were the most important that I had on my heart to share. For now 🙂
– Until next time.
R.K.B. is an award winning self-published Author, Poet and Entrepreneur from Detroit, Michigan.
Visit her website to learn more, and stay updated on her upcoming works and events: http://www.intomywoods.com !